To keep brand consistency, it was important that there be noticeable similarities between the newly rebuilt Ooligan Press website and the Portland State publishing program website. Therefore, I applied the Author Pro child theme for the Genesis Framework to this site as well. Much of the content had to be restored manually because many of the pages for the previous theme had custom templates that caused content to disappear when the theme change occurred. The following is a list of other changes made to the site:
- Captured and edited photographs for the front page slider.
- Applied new colors through CSS coding.
- Used WordPress widgets to facilitate sharing the site on social media.
- Oversaw plugin research and implementation for faculty page.
- Reintegrated MailChimp plugin.
- Implemented pop-ups to stimulate growth of publishing department’s mailing list.