I performed the most extensive website changes to date for any web project at Ooligan Press. Using the Genesis Framework from StudioPress, I selected the child theme of Author Pro to best represent what the press had to offer. The theme also has an associated custom post type plugin that is designed specifically to showcase each book. I altered the PHP code, allowing us to use four different sales links rather than the default three. Additionally, I found a new Genesis-friendly plugin that displays images for individual blog posts in a larger, higher resolution manner than before.
Problems solved in conjunction with this project included:
- How to decrease the amount of content that the site held.
- How to create a custom post type that showcased the book.
- How to reappropriate the idea of “Start to Finish” pages that displayed the behind-the-scenes teaching press aspects of each book from its former custom template to a more updatable format.
- What to do in order to loop specialized blog streams into different custom pages and posts.
- How to display custom fields in order to give credit to a high volume of student bloggers that contribute to the site but do not use individualized logins.
- How to consolidate content from an original content management system so that it is SEO friendly and streamlined into as few pages as possible.